Wingham Foodland

BUILDING BRIDGES TO OUR FUTURE

The Building Bridges to Our Future ccampaign got a boost in the form of a fundraising barbecue at Wingam Foodland.
Here, campaign co-chair Teresa Farrell-Becker and helpers Abigail, Melina and Emma Peel accept a cheque for $1,639.65 from store owner Martino Catalano. The $760,000 Building Bridges to Our Future fundraising campaign has been underway for two years and is now officially in high gear. It will provide a new playground at MRES, a unique environmental learning ground between MRES and F. E. Madill, and refurbished track and field facilities at the high school. About 60 per cent of the funding should come from grants, leaving the community with the opportunity to contribute to the remaining 40 per cent. That includes accessible playground equipment,the remainder of work on the environmental learning ground (some planting has already been done) and the high school’s improved track, upgraded upper soccer pitch and lighting. Contact bridges2future@gmail.com for more information.